Wednesday, March 9, 2011

NARRATIVE


Text NARRATIVE
Structure: Orientation – Complication - Resolution


Never Wants to Know

She lives in this village, a traditional village. Everybody knows that she is a daughter of an upstanding person in this rural place. Nobody dares to disturb her even just to make conversations. For the first time I knew her four months ago when I was on my way to school. Yes, I am a freshman here, moved from Surabaya because of my duties.
I knew her name from a man on the street at once. So, I called her name…Salma. Last week, yes, seven days ago, I called her name for the first time when I saw her at a shop, a traditional shop.
“Mmm… .Hi, Salma!” I greeted her.
“Hallo, do I know you?” she replied and asked.
“No, I don’t think so. I am a freshman here,” I said.
“Oh I see…,” she responded interpersonally.
“My name is Haq. Nice to meet you, Salma,” I introduced myself ridiculously.
“Okay. Nice to meet you, too, Haq,” she said tenderly.
Oh, my God! I never forget how she said that. She smiled at me so tenderly. She looked at me deeply in the very short moment. I couldn’t tell any words anymore. I think I love her. I don’t know why. The reason is never known.
Time goes on. Day after day, I think of her day and night. I see her in my imaginations, my dreams, and even I see her whenever I close my eyes. Sometimes I forced myself to make a call to her, with all of my strength, just want to hear her voice and feel what she feels. And I want her to know what happens in my head and what I feel. In the moonlighting night, I called her…
“Hallo. How’re you? So fine, right?” I started to chat.
“Hallo. It’s great. What are you doing, Haq?” she asked me back.
“I’m doing nothing, you know. It’s very boring. You?” I tried to keep on the conversation.
“Watching TV. Nothing to do, too. I’m happy you call me,” she said.
“Really? Are you happy because of my disturbance?” I was curious.
“Yap! This is not a kind of disturbance, Haq. Do you know what I mean?” she remarked innocently, trying to give me a clue.
“Mmm,… You mean we have the same feelings, right?” I tried to get the point.
“Very smart, Haq,” she said that at last.
I don’t know. Oh my God, I really don’t know how to treat her when it becomes clear that she loves me, too. She and I are very different one to another. Different ethnics, different languages, different studies, different societies, and may be different ways of thinking. Does she know who I was? Does she know what I’m searching for in this life? Does she know how the way I love her? I think she never wants to know.

Additional: Orientation (paragraph 1) - Complication (paragraph (2, 3, 4) - Resolution (paragraph 5)

NOTES

A Narrative is a piece of writing that tells a story. The story can be imaginary or based on a real incident. A Narrative always deals with some problems which lead to the climax and then turn into a solution to the problem. The communicative purpose of a Narrative is to tell a story about something or to amuse and entertaint the readers or listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment